Intrigued about me, eh? Don’t worry, you’re only human.
So, what do you want to know? I’m guessing it’s not my star sign, eye colour, or if I’ve ever been skydiving (Pisces, blue, and no).
Click on any of these teasing titles and the information will magically unfurl itself below!
how i can help you
I’ve been writing all my career – and before that, too. Some of it’s even been quite good.
As a creative copywriter with over eight years’ experience, I’ve worked on some amazing campaigns. From content marketing to traditional print, and conceptual branding to small print, I love it all.
Our language allows us to say new things to new people, in new ways, every day – and that’s what I do, through:
- social channels
- tone of voice
- style guides
- video scripts
- direct marketing
…plus many more forms of communication (internal, external and regulatory).
And I get involved from the very start – as all content specialists should – to create, support and deliver the strategies that make brands stand out.
Because copy and content will only work when it’s based on sound principles, tactical thinking and, of course, brilliant ideas!
I trained as a journalist and have a degree in English Language. I’ve been working freelance since October 2016, but before that I’ve been:
Senior Writer & Editor at scarlettabbott in York
Sep 2015 – Sep 2016
Copywriter & Content Manager at Bloom Agency in Leeds
Apr 2013 – Sep 2015
PR Officer & Digital Communications Officer at Wakefield & District Housing
Jan 2009 – Apr 2013
Vice President – Communications at University of Huddersfield Students’ Union
Jul 2007 – Jul 2008
I’ve also got a CIPR Foundation Award (distinction) and an ILM Level 2 certificate.
I’ve written for plenty of clients during my time at agencies (and I have a couple on my own books now). I had a hard time narrowing the list down because they all seemed relevant, so here they all are:
Retail and commercial
ADT, Anglian Windows, Bonprix, Coca-Cola European Partners, Dixons Carphone, Help-Link, Metals4U, Morrisons, Naspers, NorthWolds Print Works, RAM Tracking
Travel and leisure
The Cat’s Pyjamas, Emirates, Eurocamp, Jet2, London Midland, National Trust, Northern, Statesman Travel, Showcase Cinemas, Sky, The Man Behind The Curtain, Virgin Atlantic
Sports and fitness
City Football Group, Goal, LA fitness, Rugby League World Cup
Baker & McKenzie, Northumbrian Water Group, The Pensions Trust (now TPT), Pinsent Masons, UK Power Networks
Benenden, CPP, Engage (now One Family), Hitachi, Police Mutual, Skipton
graduate-jobs.com, University of York
Arco, Jewson, SIG
more about rich
Hello! This is me. Smiley, happy, selfie Rich:
- I live in Garforth, Leeds – although I’m originally from Cleethorpes.
- Rich Lord is indeed my real name – but sadly I’m not a Rich Lord (just so we’re clear. It’s been asked, and I don’t want you having me under the Trade Descriptions Act).
- Having grown up on the coast, the thing I miss most – apart from the 2p machines, Time Crisis, Point Blank and pool tables with ripped cloth – is the fish and chips.
- I’m a huge sports fan. From football and cricket to snooker and darts, there isn’t much I don’t like.
- I support Grimsby Town Football Club. I’ve written for their website, match-day programme, many fanzine sites and even done some radio commentary down the years.
- I’m massively intrigued by Icelandic – Ég elska hvernig það lítur út og hljómar!
- And my favourite word is apricity.
My experience, thoughts, ideas and words are all yours. I’m ready to write!
(Ok, it’s not much of a war cry, and I’m not stood on the edge of a cliff top, overlooking a town, chest out, chin up and cape flapping in the wind. But, you know, you get the idea.)
Got something you want writing? In need of some creative concepts? Why not give me a nudge!